Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Why Miss Lemon Lime Is Awesome

This is a great story that I just had to share...

I went to Wade's parent-teacher conference, and she told me the funniest thing.  In October the class went on a field trip to the pumpkin patch, and while we had packed a special lunch for Wade, they left it at school because nobody else had lunches and Mrs. Miss Lemon Lime didn't think there would be time to sit and eat anyway. 

And then someone broke out some cookies to share for a snack. 

"OH NO!" Miss Lemon Lime says, "Wade can't eat those!" 

So she sent one of the parents to the store to go buy Wade a gluten free snack, while her and Wade went off on their own little excursion by themselves so that Wade didn't see everyone else eating cookies and feel all excluded.  And yes, the parent returned with PRETZELS!

"HE CAN"T EAT THOSE!!!" she exclaimed.  So she went to plan B. 

Miss Lemon Lime quietly ushered Wade into her car and they drove to the store together to buy Skittles.  So while the other kids were doing whatever you do at a pumpkin patch, Wade was off at the store with his teacher. 

Was it totally legal for her to drive off with him like that?  Oh, I'm sure it's frowned upon.  But the fact that she went out of her way to get him a gluten free snack just makes me smile.  She's so darn cute, I just want to punch her or something, I don't know. 

And the best part is that Wade never mentioned ANY of this to us.  This is the kid who we ask how school went and he answers "Uh, I don't remember."

This made me laugh.  Best parent-teacher conference ever. 

2 comments: